News Snipet 'Blog

 
PREPARE!
Do Something!
Find Elected Officials
Enter ZIP Code:

or Search by State

See Issues & Action
Select An Issue Area:


Contact The Media
Enter ZIP Code:

or Search by State

Other things
Find Affordable Care!"
Other things
Blogtegrity
Saturday, April 08, 2006
There are some bloggers online who don't belong online. I have often said that ideologues are narrow minded and unopened to other ideas, or even the truth, at times (I am speaking of a liberal ideologue, but it can apply to any). Facts are immaterial much of the time. If you disagree with them, they are always right, and if YOU happen to be right they become the masters of censorship and the first to limit "free speech". "Ideology has very little to do with 'consciousness' -- it is profoundly unconscious." Louis Althusser I generally try to be polite on ideological sites (although I haven't always been), but more importantly I try to stick to facts or offer counterpoint. I have been cussed out, threatened and even banned from some sites. The latest example is that I am finally censored altogether: Constantly Amazed At this site, in an article titled: "Republican Family Values x 3: Repukes Gone Wild!" (I think that the title was later revised) , I pointed out to this blogger that nowhere in the articles referenced did it mention that the people that the blogger was indicting were referred to as Republicans, or that they were appointed positions (as opposed to hired--I suspect they are hired positions). Since this did not fit in well with the statement he wanted to make, he deleted my comment. I went back to visit his blog (which I frequently do) and my comment was gone. Since I am advanced in age, I thought that maybe I had not actually posted, but suspected still that my comment had been deleted. So, I posted my comment again, and took a Printkey photo of it. Low and behold, I went back to see if there was a response to my comment and my comment was deleted again! The problem I have with this, is when I put forth a fact that would dismantle his whole post, this blogger refused to revise or delete his post. Instead, he eliminated any counterpoint. Here is the image of the site as it is now Here is the image of my comment that was deleted twice. I have a problem with this. Not because this is a man of any consequence, but because he promotes himself as a friend to some very good people, and yet has no problem deceiving them. It is so important to him that he be considered right all of the time, that he does not mind feeding friends who trust him deception. I have done a lot of despicable things in my life, but I don't think I could ever be accused of deceiving a friend. He would rather be "right" than honest, and he has no problem sacrificing the trust of his friends to promote his agenda. This man has devoted his website to the "Lies of George Bush". Kind of the pot calling the kettle... "Don't place too much confidence in the man who boasts of being as honest as the day is long. Wait until you meet him at night." Robert Edwards P.S. Of course if this blogger visits this post, two days later with hard thinking he will wrap himself in nuance and semantics defending his "honor". As he did in this post.
posted by Jack Mercer @ 4/08/2006 10:08:00 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 4/10/2006 09:53:00 AM, Blogger Smorgasbord said…

    Looks like you and Shea are no longer on "speaking" terms. Oh well. There are plenty of others with which to engage in lively debate!

     
  • At 4/10/2006 10:09:00 AM, Blogger Jack Mercer said…

    Hi Smorg,

    I wasn't really bothered that he deleted my comment--just that he left his post up for his friends to read.

    There are a few out there still willing to talk to me :) ha!

    -Jack

     
  • At 4/10/2006 10:24:00 PM, Blogger DM said…

    Jack Ive been out of the loop recently, but of course stop by everyday. Let it be heard for the people, I am willing to talk to you still. I just need to find a new primary care physicial, get ready for my company sofball season after embarrassing ourselves and missing the playoffs last year (how does a group of 22-25 year olds miss the playoffs for a mutual fund transfer agent softball league- yeah, it was that bad) and execute my move back into the city, Dorchester MA- two blocks from where I was born. This has been an eventful, time-consuming period for me but things need to be done! Take care!

     
  • At 4/11/2006 03:25:00 PM, Blogger Jack Mercer said…

    Hi CH!

    An ideologue is someone who has stopped learning--someone who has arrived (sort of like a fundamentalist). They seek affirmation, not dialogue.

    You are not an ideologue.

    Hope things ease up for you soon!

    Best regards,

    -Jack

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jack Mercer
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile

"Snipet" (pronounced: snipe - it) is not a word.It is a derivative of two words: "Snipe" and "Snippet".


Miriam Webster defines Snipe as: to aim a carping or snide attack, or: to shoot at exposed individuals (as of an enemy's forces) from a usually concealed point of vantage.


Miriam Webster defines Snippet as: : a small part, piece, or thing; especially : a brief quotable passage.


In short, "Snipets" are brief, snide shots at exposed situations from a concealed vantage point.

WARNING! With due reverence to the Bill of Rights and the First Amendment there is NO comment policy on the News Snipet.

Other things
Archives
Politics
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

free hit counter