News Snipet 'Blog

 
PREPARE!
Do Something!
Find Elected Officials
Enter ZIP Code:

or Search by State

See Issues & Action
Select An Issue Area:


Contact The Media
Enter ZIP Code:

or Search by State

Other things
Find Affordable Care!"
Other things
LITTLE RED HEN
Monday, February 20, 2006
There is a new children's book that is all the rage in Democratic circles. "Why Mommy is a Democrat" is written by a lifelong Democrat and political activist, Zeremy Zilber. While some children's stories, The "Little Red Hen" being my favorite, have powerful messages about values, including political values, "Why Mommy is a Democrat" is blatantly political and partisan. Some people will condemn Zilber for using a children's book to indoctrinate helpless young minds. I congratulate him. I've thought of doing this myself, but have never gotten around to it. My book would be a lot different of course, but it would be just a blatant about my worldview. On one page of his book, Zilber writes, "Democrats make sure we all share our toys, just like Mommy does." Boy, do they ever! Democrats would have made the Little Red Hen share her bread with the dog, the cat and the goose, even though they passed up plenty of opportunities to help her make the bread. Parents should teach their children the values they cherish. Children's books are a good way to do it. Republicans and Libertarians can find plenty to criticize in "Why Mommy is a Democrat," and they should. They should also get busy and write some children's books of their own.
posted by Jack Mercer @ 2/20/2006 12:00:00 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 2/20/2006 04:49:00 PM, Blogger DM said…

    "Why Mommy's Son is An Angry Libertarian."
    - a picture of me on the cover with one of those Rambo headbands holding a rifle in one hand, the original consitution in the other, draped in the American flag. I love American flag, I love the constitution, I love guns, I love Rambo.

     
  • At 2/20/2006 07:15:00 PM, Blogger English Professor said…

    LOL. Is something wrong with Mommy that keeps her from explaining her views to little Timmy herself?

     
  • At 2/20/2006 07:45:00 PM, Blogger Jack Mercer said…

    You know, I just happened to think about that quote. I NEVER made my child share her toys when she was growing up--I thought it more important to teach her about sharing, and have it come from her heart rather than twisting her arm behind her back like some kind of dictator. I have GOT to get a full copy of this book!

    -Jack

    EP, notice it doesn't say "Why DADDY is a Democrat"? :)

    Also, looking forward to CH's "Live Free or Die, Timmy" Book.

     
  • At 2/23/2006 05:39:00 PM, Blogger Steve said…

    I once read an online edit of the Little Red Hen which applied the Democratic idea at the end of it all. It was humorous, though I no longer have it.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jack Mercer
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile

"Snipet" (pronounced: snipe - it) is not a word.It is a derivative of two words: "Snipe" and "Snippet".


Miriam Webster defines Snipe as: to aim a carping or snide attack, or: to shoot at exposed individuals (as of an enemy's forces) from a usually concealed point of vantage.


Miriam Webster defines Snippet as: : a small part, piece, or thing; especially : a brief quotable passage.


In short, "Snipets" are brief, snide shots at exposed situations from a concealed vantage point.

WARNING! With due reverence to the Bill of Rights and the First Amendment there is NO comment policy on the News Snipet.

Other things
Archives
Politics
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

free hit counter